Residential Tenancies Act in Alberta
The following links provide further information, services, and resources about landlord and tenant relationships.
LEGISLATIONADVICE AND ASSISTANCE
- Landlord and Tenant Advisory Boards - Staff can assist you with enquiries, questions, and possibly mediation.
- Alberta Government Services - This call centre can be accessed from anywhere across the province.
- Regional Health Authorities - Contact your regional health authority if you have a question or complaint relating to public health.
- Legal Advice - There are services available to help you select a lawyer and access legal advice if you have limited financial means.
- Landlord and Tenant Reference Guide (Legal Studies, Faculty of Extension, University of Alberta)
- Alberta Government Services - Landlords and Tenants
- Alberta Government Services - Voluntary Code of Practice
- Real Estate Council of Alberta - Consumer Information
- Access to Justice Network (ACJNet)
- Alberta Courts - Civil Publications and Forms
- Alberta Government Services - Security Deposit Interest Calculator
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) - Renting in Alberta
- Calgary Apartment Association (Resource for Landlords)
- Calgary Housing Registry Network
- Calgary Legal Guidance
- City of Calgary Community Standards Bylaw No. 5M2004 (search bylaws)
- City of Edmonton Minimum Maintenance Standards Bylaw No. 12972
- Edmonton Apartment Association (Resource for Landlords)
- Edmonton Centre for Equal Justice
- The Land Centre
- Laws for Landlords and Tenants in Alberta
- Medicine Hat Community Housing Society
- Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Red Deer Landlord and Tenant Service
- Service Alberta
WARNING: The contents of these FAQs are intended as general legal information only. If you have a personal problem, please consult a lawyer.